Corporate Privacy Notice
The London Borough of Bexley is a ‘data controller’ as it collects and process personal information about you. The information it collects is used in accordance with data protection and other relevant legislation. Contact details for the data controller’s representative are:
Data Protection Officer
London Borough of Bexley
2 Watling Street
Kent DA6 7AT
0208 303 7777
What personal information do we process?
Personal information can be any information that relates to or identifies a living person.
On this website this includes your name, your job title, work address, your work email address and work telephone number. In addition, for members, we store photographs and pen portraits.
What is the purpose of processing your personal information?
We process personal information of Strategic Education Partnership members, including photographs and pen portraits, to inform all of the members of the user group about those members who are directly involved.
We process information about members of the wider user group in order to maintain a password protected platform for Bexley’s education community, eg The Regional Schools Commissioner’s Office, the Cabinet Member for Education, LA officers involved with education, senior executives of academy trusts operating in Bexley, head teachers, chairs of governors and those involved directly with the Partnership.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
- Forms you complete, questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your work email address
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- details to allow you to access our website eg an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This helps us to:
- deal with your requests and tailor content to your need
- conduct our own surveys and research
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information if you want it
We can’t personally identify you using your data.
What is the lawful basis for processing your personal information?
When you join the website, you give your consent to our storing the personal information listed above.
Who are recipients or categories of recipients of your personal information?
We will generally only allow your personal information to be used by those Strategic Education Partnership staff who need to perform their functions.
Your personal information (contact details) will only be shared via the website with other members of the Partnership with your permission, eg if you offer support to other schools via a case study or learning visit. We will not make your information available to companies for marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep your personal information for as long as you are a registered member of the Strategic Education Partnership or a registered member of the Bexley education community. You can amend or withdraw your personal information at any time, via the website or by emailing the Strategic Education Partnership Manager. The list will be updated on an annual basis for the beginning of each academic year.
Keeping your personal information secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
Your individual rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal information that we hold about you. To access
your personal information see here
- The right to rectification of your personal information
- The right to erasure of your personal information (sometimes called the ‘right to be
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for
your own purposes
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to not being subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making including profiling
Changing personal details can be done via the website, and all of the above can be done by contacting the Strategic Education Partnership Manager.
The right to withdraw consent
The legal basis for processing your personal information is consent and you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by notifying us. However, if you withdraw your consent, it will not be possible for you to continue to access the password-protected areas of the Strategic Education Partnership website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to our website from another website
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies,’ which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the website. The information generated by this cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties, when required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Information Commissioner
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 0303 123 1113