Curriculum was a strength
Three things that may benefit others around our recent Ofsted inspection:
- The lead inspector allowed us to plan the second day of the inspection once they had identified areas of focus
- They looked favourably on a subject which we confessed was an area of concern
- Whilst Ofsted acknowledged that we satisfied the Music National Curriculum, we were hindered because it was not timetabled in Year 9.
An area of strength that was identified was our curriculum:
- Leadership were clear of the ‘intent’ for subjects where deep dives took place
- Subject areas had produced an Intent document, the content of which was familiar to leadership
- This document was given to the inspectors on the first day of inspection.